Monday, August 27, 2007

Wowowee!

Last Friday, Aug. 24, 2007, we had a studio tour at the ABS-CBN studios. We were supposed to watch wowowee, but unfortunately, only a few of us (86 out of 101) can enter enter and be part of the studio audience that day. Our reservation was only for 75 people and they only let 11 more to be admitted. I was the one asked by the Coordinator(Mr. Javar Jimenez) to accompany our students inside. Man, this is the chance that I have been waiting for! to really get to see Willie Revillame! (I love that guy! just read my previous post about wowowee)




I declined.




Why?




If I were to go with them, one of the students in the lucky group will not be able to watch it live because I will have to take his/her place. I will be sad if that will happen. The more I am sad for the students that were not included in the group to watch the show live. We came all the way from Zambales just to be able to watch wowowee live and we just have to content ourselves by watching it live(on TV) in a room provided by the ABS-CBN Studio Tours(thank you CArl!).



While watching, the group was shouting for joy, one of our student (Aris Rondares) actually made it to the jackpot round of the "Iyugyug mo" contest. Although he was not able to get the jackpot, he went home with more than 18,000PhP.



It was a bit obvious Willie wanted him to win, he simply asked him(instead of Valerie Concepcion), "How many letters are there in the name ABS-CBN?" A little bit(or a LOT) covert act of kindness. The Willie I love. That's why I envy him even if it is bad to be envious.

After about 1 hour, we were able to come in, in the bleachers, the place of the "Tararat Boys". It wasn't that bad, at least we still get to watch wowowee live. I felt bad for one Engineering student though. She had this small poster made for the show and she didn't get to have it seen on national television.

I really wanted to be like Willie Revillame, he always has something that he can give to others. He has an almost unlimited funding for his contests(funded by the TFC-the Filipino Channel subscribers around the world). And more than the Joy and the Prizes he give, its the HOPE, the hope of a better life despite the hardships of life. Notice how he makes the contestants let it all out? All the pain, the hardships and the struggle the contestants go through just to be a part of the show, and what they go through their everyday life. After a lot of tears, he makes them get ready for the "show" of their life. They are given a chance to strut their stuff for about a minute or two and they become who they dream to be, a STAR in their own way. Plus, the whole Filipino community, here and abroad, are watching them.



How I wish I could be like him. I am a bit like him though, I give what I have, although I have a very limited resource, I still try to give whenever I can. In my profession, its like I am giving not just a part of me but my whole self.





I remember the interview made by FHM(For Him Magazine) on Cassandra Ponti, a former Pinoy Big Brother Housemate. She said, "Hindi ako maramot. Inuuna ko yung iba bago ang sarili ko. May pinag-aaral ako ngayon, yung helper namin at yung dalawang pinsan ko. Kapag may pera ako, binibilhan ko sila ng mga notebook at bag. Namimili ako tapos pinapadala ko. Ayoko kasi nung meron ako tapos yung iba wala."



The last line means, "I hate it when I have something and others doesn't have eveny anything." What a benign soul.



I love people who do all they can for the service of other people. As Geny Lopez said, "KINDNESS is something you can never give away. I keeps on coming back. YOU NEVER RUN OUT."



What a thought. I hope this blog can make a change, even just a bit, in everyone who gets to read this.
The following are the pictures i took while we were on tour around the ABS-CBN studio.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey how are you?

I'm charis and I'd like to ask on how to get a free pass to wowowee? my friend is coming from the US and she wants to watch it live..do you happen to know anyone who can help me with this..thanks

Ricky Ruelos Custodio said...

just go to abs-cbn studio tours to have your friend booked